He’s yet to take the field for the Blues in Super Rugby Aotearoa but All Blacks great Dan Carter will return for a familiar team this weekend.
Carter will pull on the No. 10 jersey at Southbridge Domain against West Melton.
A club spokesperson confirmed Carter’s availability for the game on Tuesday evening.
* Birthday boy places $21,300 winning bid on Dan Carter All Blacks jersey
* Super Rugby Aotearoa: Dan Carter races clock for Blues debut against Crusaders
* Dan Carter’s All Black jersey auction runs hot to help his Southbridge club
* Crusaders to play at Dan Carter’s old club of Southbridge in 2019
* ‘Carter country’ salutes its king after man of the match performance
Carter last played for Southbridge in 2014.
His rugby return marks the first major step in his aim to be ready to take on his old team the Crusaders in Christchurch on July 11, in what would be his Blues debut.
Carter, a 112-test dual World Cup-winning All Black, signed on for the Blues earlier this month as injury cover for Stephen Perofeta.
He answered an SOS call from former Crusaders teammate and Blues coach Leon MacDonald.