MELBOURNE, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida lady is charged with manslaughter after ingesting and utilizing medicine whereas her 14-month-old son was in a sizzling automotive.
The boy finally died from warmth stroke.
Emily Hartman was arrested Wednesday and charged with aggravated manslaughter by neglect, in addition to drug possession.
On-line court docket data present Hartman was being held in jail with out bond Wednesday. She was appointed a public defender, however the identify of the lawyer wasn’t listed.
Police in Melbourne, Florida, say Hartman advised detectives she had left her son in a automotive for 4 hours whereas she was inside a home getting cocaine and smoking marijuana.
The affidavit additionally says she had been ingesting at a bar and a buddy’s place along with her son within the automotive earlier than that.