(HealthDay Information) — Youngsters typically wrestle with questions of id. For adopted teens, the wrestle could also be tougher than it’s for his or her non-adopted friends.
When coping with questions of id, the Kids Welfare Data Gateway suggests:
- Speak to your teen about his or her beginning dad and mom.
- Develop a lifebook of private historical past.
- Join the youth to cultural, ethnic and non secular actions.
- Present alternatives to work together with different adopted individuals.
- Acknowledge similarities between you and your adopted kids.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.