Race 2 – 2.00PM BOWERMANS OFFICE FURNITURE HANDICAP (1200m)
2. Elizabeel showed plenty of promise in her first preparation which ended with a third to boom colt Peltzer at Randwick. She’s trialled well and has the ability to roll forward, she’d like an improving track but will take beating regardless.
Dangers: 3. Raison D’Etre probably should have won on debut but was left with no excuses when beaten at $1.90 at Kensington back in April. Given two fairly easy trials and no doubt she has the ability to win plenty of races. If Elizabeel doesn’t win, she should. 6. Big Angel on debut for Chris Waller looked to hit the line very well in her latest trial a couple of weeks ago. Has barrier one so wouldn’t surprise if she settles a bit closer. Check betting for a push. 1. Dismissal trialled very well before an even effort first-up behind Tiny two weeks ago. Fitter for that and has a group 3 placing so there’s ability there if she gets the right sort of run.
How to play it: Elizabeel WIN; Trifecta 2,3/1,2,3,6/1,2,3,6. Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 3 – 2:35PM FROSTED @ DARLEY HANDICAP (1550m)
4. Nothing Too Hard is worth a look each-way after what was a very strong upset first-up win over an unsuitable trip. It was his first fresh victory and his best form is around the mile. Up to city grade but has gate one and it looks a race with some tempo. Hard to hold out late.
Dangers: 6. Pitchfork is short for a horse coming off a maiden win at Newcastle where he had complete control in front but he has always shown some promise. Will be up on the speed somewhere and has to be respected despite the price. 1. Knowitall Jack needs to lead to win so it will be interesting early to see whether he can cross. Battled on OK over this course two weeks ago, just suspect he’s not going quite as well as he can. This will tell us more. 5. Lubuk is a perennial chance in this sort of race and he didn’t do a bad job at Warwick Farm last week in ground he’s not overly comfortable with. Improving track suits so has claims.
How to play it: Nothing Too Hard each-way. Odds & Evens: Evens.
Race 4 – 3:10PM SKY RACING ACTIVE HANDICAP (1200m)
2. Phemonoe looked to be a horse of some promise last time in and was unlucky not to have won her first three. Spelled after missing a place in March but looked good in a strong trial at Rosehill recently. In well with the claim and can expect her to be a force.
Dangers: 8. Forbidden Love is a big watch here first-up. She won well on debut then thrown in the deep end with an even effort behind Away Game at start two. Every chance before a spell and fitter for two synthetic trials. Drawn to be right on the speed and has to be respected. 6. Instant Attraction was a little disappointing last time in with a couple of defeats as favourite but she showed talent back in the spring. Two synthetic trials are hard to get a line on so be guided by the market. Suspect she’ll want it in the soft range to be most effective. 7. Badia was a beaten favourite at Kembla second-up and she probably should have run third so it wasn’t a bad effort. Should get a nice run here and James McDonald is an interesting booking. Worth including.
How to play it: Phemonoe WIN; Trifecta 2/6,7,8/6,7,8. Odds & Evens: EVENS.
Race 5 – 3:45PM JOE SHARABATI HANDICAP (1100m)
4. Karaja did more than enough first-up in what has so far been a good form race to say she can go close here. She just knocked up late behind De Grawin at Randwick but fitter for that and an improving track is a plus. If she’s not one run away this is a good chance for her.
Dangers: 7. Damaged clearly wasn’t himself when he failed in the Kindergarten Stakes in April as equal favourite. That was on a heavy track and on the back of an impressive first-up win on a good track. So the question is whether he likes the wet ground. Nice trial win and if he does handle the track he’ll take beating. 10. Ragged Rascal has been racing well without winning and he loomed as a hope here two weeks ago before just fading late beaten half a length in a similar grade. Drawn soft here and wouldn’t shock if he’s in the finish somewhere. 9. Gunnamatta isn’t well served by the wide gate here as it looks unlikely he’ll find a spot on the speed. Nothing wrong with his two starts to date and has trialled well since his second-up win. If he gets the breaks in running he can be competitive but that’s the risk.
How to play it: Karaja E/W; Trifecta 4,7/4,7,9,10/4,7,9,10. Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 6 – 4:20PM PRESS STATEMENT @ VINERY HANDICAP (1250m)
5. Escaped might be a slight risk at 1250m but if his second-up run at Randwick is any guide he’s going to give a big sight. Too good first-up then attacked three wide all the way on the pace, looked like he’d drop out before rallying for a strong third. Likely leader and if he gets any favours will run well.
Dangers: 11. Sauvestre is hard to line up coming off a maiden win in April as an $11 chance but there’s a bit of a rap on him for the future possibly around a mile or so. He trialled well behind North Pacific and should be respected. 4. Aim will likely concede a start off the outside gate but he’s a smart colt who tackled a lot of the big two-year-old races earlier in the year. He’s had two synthetic trials, pattern of the day will be crucial to his chances. 12. Front Money chased Escaped home at Hawkesbury first-up then on the speed and boxed on OK behind The Fire Trap at Warwick Farm. Might be best suited sitting off them and gets the chance to do that here so she could improve.
How to play it: Escaped E/W. Odds & Evens: ODDS.
Race 7 – 4:55PM VALE GOWAN WILLIAMS HANDICAP (1900m)
8. Pressure has found a perfect race third-up after a real eye-catcher here two weeks ago. Handled the turn poorly but recovered to go under narrowly at 1550m, there’s good speed engaged here and she should get the last look at them. Good chance.
Dangers: 7. Itz Lily is just back a notch from going around in Saturday company of late, she was much better last time when runner-up to Fulmina at Randwick. Has gate one again here and can’t be overlooked. 2. Tochi is unbeaten at this trip and at the 1900m at Canterbury including her latest win here two weeks ago. Has an extra 2kg to carry and a bit of company likely up front but it’s hard to deny those stats. Will be competitive, and hard to run down if she gets control. 3. Dalmatia Prince meets Tochi 5kg better for finishing third in the same race though it’s fair to say he had his chance. Still he’s racing well and gets the gun run just behind them on paper. Definite chance.
How to play it: Pressure WIN; Trifecta 8/2,3,7/2,3,7. Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Tips supplied by Racing NSW.
Full form and race replays available at racingnsw.com.au