Two new coronavirus cases have been recorded in South Australia on Sunday, including a teenage girl who returned from Victoria and a woman in her 20s who is a student at Thebarton Senior College.
There have now been six cases in SA in as many days.
The teenage girl landed at Adelaide Airport on Jetstar flight JQ774 on July 26.
Chief public health officer Professor Nicola Spurrier said the girl “did the right thing” by going into quarantine, but she didn’t get tested until Friday.
“She is a young person and we’ve been able to get a detailed history from her and through family members,” Prof Spurrier said.
“We think the chances of her being infectious in South Australia are very, very low, but because we want to be absolutely certain in this case, we are going to continue having her in isolation.”
The girl had first developed respiratory symptoms on July 15, meaning the infectious period would have ended before coming into SA.
Seven close family contacts of the girl have been identified so far, with their tests coming back negative.
Other possible close contacts on flight JQ774 are being told about the case.
The second case confirmed on Sunday is a woman in her 20s who attended Thebarton Senior College, on Ashley Street in Torrensville.
The school will be closed on Monday.
Prof Spurrier said this woman is a known contact of another coronavirus patient in SA.
“Unfortunately this person did attend an educational facility in South Australia during the infectious period.”
“Anybody who attended the school and develops symptoms will need to isolate and get tested.”
Prof Spurrier said it was likely a pop-up testing facility would be established at the school on Monday.
Meanwhile in Victoria, Premier Daniel Andrews has declared a state of disaster following 671 new cases and seven deaths.
Melbourne will move to stage four restrictions from 6pm, with an 8pm curfew across the state from tonight.